Adventure Camp is a sleep-away camp full of fun, challenge and adventure!
Campers with mild to moderate developmental delays or disabilities enjoy activities that expand their social horizons and develop their courage to try new things while increasing independence and confidence.
About Adventure Camp
- Campers participate in daily adventures which may include zip-lining, archery, river-rafting, alpine slide rides, swimming, hiking/nature walks, wall climb, campfires, cabin games, and a camp-wide dance
- Designed for youth and young adults with mild to moderate support needs related to developmental disabilities
- This program may not be a match for those whose primary diagnosis is an emotional, behavioral, or psychiatric disorder
- Campers must be mobile and enjoy group activities
- Campers stay in family-style cabins with counselors, volunteers and peers
- Our staffing of two experienced counselors and four volunteers per team of ten campers allows for individualized relationships with each camper
Adventure Camp Dates & Locations
2018 Summer Camp
at Snow Mountain Ranch, Granby, Colorado
June 17 – 22, 2018
June 24 – 29, 2018
July 8 – 13, 2018
July 15 – 20, 2018
July 29 – August 3, 2018
Check-in Sunday Evening Pick up Friday Morning
2018 Winter, Spring & Fall Camp
Winter Week at Snow Mountain Ranch (ages 18 and up): March 25-30, 2018
Spring Downtown Denver Weekend (ages 16 and up): April 21-22, 2018
Fall Road Trip, destination TBD (ages 18 and up): Sept. 6-9, 2018
Fall Weekend in Estes Park (ages 16 and up): Oct. 19-21, 2018
Adventure Camp Rates & Funding
|Camp||YOUR Cost||Subsidized by Adam’s Camp||Total Cost||Deposit||Can I use Agency Funding?||Apply for Insurance?||Apply for Scholarship?|
|Summer Camps||$950||$950||$1,900||$100||In some cases, yes*||No||Yes|
|Winter Week||$1,100||$1,100||$2,200||$100||In some cases, yes*||No||Yes|
|Spring Weekend||$200||$200||$400||$100||In some cases, yes*||No||Yes|
|Fall Road Trip||$475||$475||$950||$100||In some cases, yes*||No||Yes|
|Fall Weekend||$375||$375||$750||$100||In some cases, yes*||No||Yes|
Adam’s Camp is an approved provider (PASA) through most Community Center Boards. For individuals on the SLS or CES waivers, you may be able to use CCB funding for Adam’s Camp. Adam’s Camp must be approved in the camper’s Individual Plan for $950 for Adam’s Camp. Deposit and final payment arrangements vary per CCB. Please contact Adventure Camp Assistant for specific arrangements: 303-563-8290.
A deposit in the amount of $100.00 is required at the time application for camp is submitted. This deposit secures a spot for your camper and is non-refundable.
SECOND / FINAL PAYMENT:
Final payment for camp is due on the same date assigned for your paperwork due date. This payment is also non-refundable but may be applied to a future camp session according to the cancellation schedule below.
LATE FORMS FEE:
A late fee in the amount of $50 will be charged if completed camp forms are not received by your assigned paperwork due date. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE CAMP PHYSICAL REQUIRING A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER SIGNATURE.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS:
|Cancellation 45 days prior to camp:||50% of camp fee may be applied to a
|Cancellation between 15-44 days prior to camp:||25% of camp fee may be applied to a future session.**|
|Cancellation 14 days or less prior to camp:||No refund or carry forward to future session.|
Scholarships and Additional Funding Resources
Through generous donations, grants and our many fundraising events, Adam’s Camp is fortunate to have a scholarship program to offer to our families.
Adam’s Camp awards scholarships for partial support of program fees based on financial need, client effort to secure other sources of funding, and consideration of volunteer commitment. In addition to applying for an Adam’s Camp scholarship, you may want to seek funding from other sources.
- Beginning in January, Scholarship applications are available to registered campers as a link on your camp registration site, CampBrain
- Complete scholarship application and submit requested documents listed at end of scholarship application
- Final scholarship awards are made in late April. For information prior to that time, please contact the Scholarship Manager at 303-563-8290
Adam’s Camp does not endorse any of these organizations, and it is your responsibility to research and apply where appropriate.
- Private Health Insurance: For our therapy programs we are happy to inquire with your insurance carrier about possible coverage for therapy services received. Please contact Adam’s Camp Insurance Coordinator at 303-563-8290.
- Agency Funding: Check with your Community Centered Board Resource Coordinator to see if there is possible funding through family support monies, Medicaid waiver programs, or end-of-year funds. Find your Community Centered Board by selecting the county in which you reside: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcpf/community-centered-boards
- United Healthcare Children’s Foundation: For children 16 years or younger. Families must meet economic guidelines, reside in the US and be covered by a commercial health insurance policy. Grants up to $5,000 for health care services not covered by commercial health insurance. uhccf.org
- National Autism Association – Helping Hand: For families of children with autism who are in financial crisis. US residents with a child on the autism spectrum, birth to 18. Max request: $1,500. nationalautismassociation.org/family-support/programs/helping-hand/
- Similar grants may be offered to families by Act-Today for Autism: act-today.org.
Additional autism family grant opportunities may be found at autismspeaks.org/family-services/resource-library/family-grant-opportunities
- Danielle’s Foundation: For children 18 yrs and younger with cerebral palsy or brain injury for assistance towards therapy, treatment or equipment. Awards based on need are given out four times per year, one family each time. daniellesfoundation.org
- Friends of Man: Request for funding needs to be made by 3rd party. friendsofman.org
- Kevin Patrick Hands to Angels Foundation: Assists families dealing with the mounting medical bills and lost wages due to complications of a genetic disorder. handstoangels.org
- Some families have received support from Faith-based communities as well as local service organizations such as Kiwanis, Sertoma, Rotary.
Please contact Adam’s Camp Finance Director at 303-563-8290 or by email with questions.